Properly handled and installed matting, provides optimized performance of all products. Traction Pads are easily installed with on-site staff.
Arctic Pads have a set of steps to ensuring the electrical component within is not only hooked up accurately, but also easily documented each step of the way. If you have any questions or need more information, please call 1-403-910-1492. See the ease of installation in the Arctic Pad installation video below. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Installation-Traction Pads, Walkways, Stair Treads, Safety Pads, Pipe Rack Mats, Payload Pads, Industrial Anti-Fatigue Mats
1. Clean surface of area, remove any obstructions - ensure mat(s) lay flat
2. Position matting in place
3. Mark surface through mounting holes molded into pads
4. Remove mat(s) to affix mounting hardware (will differ upon application) to surface
5. If using heat - allow mounting pins and surrounding metal to cool to the touch
6. Position mat(s) in place and secure
Installation-Arctic Pads & Treads
1. Flying Leads - never expose to water/moisture
2. Flying Leads - must be supported during transport and handling.
Never handle a mat by the flying lead.
3. Always store mat(s) flat, never on side. Do not bend or twist mat(s)
4. Clean surface of area, remove any obstructions - ensure mats lay flat
5. Position matting in place
6. Mark surface through mounting holes
7. Remove mat(s) and affix mounting hardware (differ upon application) to surface
8. If using heat - allow mounting pins and surrounding metal to cool to the touch
9. Position mat(s) in place and secure with hardware
Dependent upon the scope of your system, AMS® reserves the right to be on-site prior to energizing the system, at buyers cost. Ensuring proper storage, care, handling, component types and installation allows for a smooth commissioning process and optimizes the performance and longevity of Arctic Pads. See AMS Inc Terms & Conditions of Sale and Installation Manual for full details.
10. Splice flying leads using approved method. A certified electrician is required.
11. Connect flying leads into approved junction boxes, main electrical source/control
panel. A certified electrician is required.
12. Ensure matting is energized well before 0 degrees Celsius.
NOTE: BEFORE USE OR INSTALLATTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONSULT THE NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE AND ANY PERTINENT LOCAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL OR NATIONAL CODES, RULES OR REGULATIONS.